Monday, August 15, 2016




Geneva Switzerland - August 15, 2016


Dawn or Matins

Let my lips now announce and publish the praises and the infinite prerogatives of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

V. Sovereign Queen of heaven and earth hasten to my assistance.

R. And employ your power to defend me from the mighty enemies of my salvation.

V. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost.

As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be one God, world without end.  Amen.

Hymn


Hail, Sovereign Queen of the heavens and of the whole world! Hail, Virgin by excellence, Queen of Virgins, Brilliant Star of the Morning!  Hail, Mary, full of grace-Light without mist or cloud, which never extinguishes! Hasten to come to the succour of all those who invoke your assistance! From all eternity, the Lord has chosen you to be the mother of the Word made Flesh-His Only Son, by whom all things have been made,-the heavens, the earth, the sea; and at the same time to be his spouse, without stain, in whom Adam has not sinned! 

V. God has elected and predestined her in a most singular manner.

R. And has made her to dwell in his tabernacle with distinction.

V. Holy Virgin, support before God my most humble prayer.

R. And let my supplication come unto you.


Let Us Pray

Hail, Mary, Queen of the Heavens, Mother of our Lord Jesus Christ, and Sovereign Lady of the world, who neither reject or forsake those who have recourse to you!  Vouchsafe, my dear mother, to look upon me with an eye of pity and compassion. Obtain for me of your beloved Son the pardon of all my sins, that I, who now honour with the devout affection of my whole heart Your Holy and Immaculate Conception, may attain hereafter to eternal happiness, through the Mercy of Him whom you (a virgin) did bring forth, Jesus Christ, our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Ghost, one God in perfect Divine Trinity, world without end. Amen.

V. Holy Virgin, support before God my most humble prayer.

R. And let my cry come unto you.

V. Let us bless the Lord.

R. Let us return thanks to God.

V. And may the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

R. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment